5th Annual NYCoRE Conference
Location: Brooklyn Community Arts and Media High School (BCAM)
300 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 10065
Date: Saturday, March 15, 2014
- The perspectives of young people told through their own voices
- Bilingual and/or immigrant education and rights
- Elementary school topics and curriculum
- Special education and disability studies
- A critical perspective on capitalist values and racism on specific communities, and an emphasis on the ways that groups can organize to fight these effects.
- Consistency with NYCORE’s Points of Unity (which can be found here: http://www.nycore.org/nycore-info/points-of-unity/
- An engaging, dynamic plan for workshop presentation using interactive pedagogical strategies
- We promote social justice pedagogy and therefore are looking for interactive workshops that value the voices of attendees. Successful proposals put forth sessions that talk with people, not at people.
Please see the rubric on the call for proposals webpage for more information regarding criteria for evaluating proposals. In addition, please note that while we will be using the scores from the rubric to help inform our decision about which proposals to accept, our final decisions will be made through a more holistic process to ensure appropriate breadth and balance among conference topics.
- Proposal APPLICATION due: January 2nd, 2014. You should receive a confirmation email within one week of submitting your proposal. If you do not receive a confirmation, please email Laura Barringer firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure there was not a technological problem.
- Notification of acceptance: Approximately January 27th, 2014
- Accepted Facilitators confirmation: Email us by February 1st, 2014 to confirm session.
Questions/Contact Regarding Proposing Workshop Sessions:
Please email Laura Barringer: email@example.com
Go to the On-Line Submission Form (Proposals dues January 2nd, 2014)
You can also see the evaluation rubric for proposals here
Does your organization want to table or place an add in our program? Fill out form here.