NYCoRE Member Responsibilities:
- Share a commitment to the points of unity.
- Attend monthly membership meetings (3rd Friday of the month) to report back on your work, become informed about other projects and provide feedback.
- Become involved in ongoing projects.
- Help plan events and actions.
- Show up to events and actions.
- Liaison to your school.
Ways to Plug in:
- Planbook: Research dates & resources.
- ItAGs: Facilitate, participate, promote.
- Annual Conference: Be on planning team, lead a workshop, volunteer, promote.
- NYCoRE Book Clubs: Coordinate school-based, citywide book clubs. Facilitate a club at your school.
- Racial Equity Project: Join in an ongoing examination of issues of race and neoliberalism in education.
- Political Education Mobilization (PEM): Help develop political ed materials, political theater, actions.
- After-School Specials: Plan one-time events (screenings, panels, etc.).
- NYQueer: Participate in the ongoing working group.
- Coalition work: Represent NYCoRE at coalition group meetings such as GEM, Teacher’s Unite, CPE, and others. Table at conferences.
- NYCoRE Liaisons: Organize at your school by promoting NYCoRE events, sharing articles, facilitating book clubs.
Benefits of NYCoRE membership
- Be part of a group that expands your capacity to effect change.
- Have a voice in the direction of the organization’s work.
- Develop your skills as an educator and an activist.
- Have access to an 1800+ listserv to find allies for your interests/ projects leadership skills.
- Be part of committed and like-minded community.