**PLEASE NOTE: WE’LL BE BACK AT IMENTOR FOR THIS MONTH’S MEMBER MEETING!**
NYCoRE’s January Member Meeting is happening on Inauguration Day, January 20, 2017.
For the political education piece, New Teacher Underground invites you to share your experiences and questions with educators of all experience levels. We will be using Culture Circles to discuss and create action plans around topics such as the EdTPA, evaluations, tenure, and testing. We plan to use this time to reflect on the insights and resilience of educator activists from the Bloomberg administration on, and how we can use their successes to resist privatization of public education under Trump and Betsy DeVos.
In the second half of the meeting, we will have some time for Working Groups to meet and for new members to become oriented with NYCoRE in our NYCoRE 101 session.
Please join us!
– CURRICULUM: an open group for participants to discuss curricular challenges and best practices… bring a lesson or unit to workshop for feedback!
– FIGHTING PERVASIVE ABLEISM IN EDUCATION: meet with us to build reflexive practices and create strategies and partnerships center our students who are physically and systemically segregated and hidden from neurotypical and able-bodied society
– NEW TEACHER UNDERGROUND: a social space for new and alternatively certified teachers to find support and dissect the current realities of education in New York City
– RAD READING GROUP: join us to read, discuss, and deepen our political analysis together!
– TEACHDREAM: join us in our fight against institutionalized racism in the U.S. immigration and criminal legal systems by creating safer spaces for undocumented students, advocating for equity, opportunities, and access to resources for all students, and lifting student activism and leadership
**NYCoRE is looking for a consistent space to host its monthly Member Meetings. Please email email@example.com if you have any suggestions!**
**PLEASE RSVP below to give us a head count for food and so we can notify security!**
Friday, January 20
5-5:30PM Food and mingle
5:30-8:00 PM Member Meeting
30 Broad St, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10004
Dinner will be provided; details to come in a future email! Please bring your own utensils and reusable bowl/plate/container, if possible, to cut down on waste.
We are striving to make NYCoRE general meetings as accessible as possible. If you have any accessibility needs and would like to share them with us in advance, we would welcome that information and we will do our best to meet those needs.
Unfortunately, we’re not available to offer childcare at this member meeting location. We are currently searching for a consistent member meeting location that will allow us to provide childcare.
**Once again, PLEASE RSVP below to give us a head count for food and so we can notify security!**