Please join NYCoRE for our end of year celebration! In the first half of this month’s meeting, we will start with a Juneteenth Gallery Walk before having some time for Working Groups to meet and reflect on the 2016-2017 school year. For the latter half of the meeting, we will have dinner together to celebrate the end of the year and to appreciate one another.
Please note that we’re planning on serving alcohol during the latter half of this month’s member meeting. If the presence and consumption of alcohol may require you to not be able to be present, please let us know at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to celebrate everyone on this special day and understand and support the importance of dry spaces.
– CURRICULUM: an open group for participants to discuss curricular challenges and best practices… bring a lesson or unit to workshop for feedback!
– FIGHTING PERVASIVE ABLEISM IN EDUCATION: meet with us to build reflexive practices and create strategies and partnerships center our students who are physically and systemically segregated and hidden from neurotypical and able-bodied society
– NEW TEACHER UNDERGROUND: a social space for new and alternatively certified teachers to find support and dissect the current realities of education in New York City
– RAD READING GROUP: join us to read, discuss, and deepen our political analysis together!
– TEACHDREAM: join us in our fight against institutionalized racism in the U.S. immigration and criminal legal systems by creating safer spaces for undocumented students, advocating for equity, opportunities, and access to resources for all students, and lifting student activism and leadership
**NYCoRE is looking for a consistent space to host its monthly Member Meetings. Please email email@example.com if you have any suggestions!**
**PLEASE RSVP below to give us a head count for food and so we can notify security!**
Friday, June 16
5:00-6:30PM Member Meeting
6:30-8:00PM Dinner & Celebration
30 Broad St, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10004
A free dinner will be provided so members can break bread and build community.
Dinner for the June Member Meeting is provided by Cinco de Mayo Restaurant and will include:
- Guac and chips
- Make your own tostada (falafel or chicken)
- Rice, beans, onions, cilantro, etc.
- Fruit salad
- Jamaica juice
Please bring your own utensils and reusable bowl/plate/container, if possible, to cut down on waste!
NYCoRE strives to provide food from a variety of cultures representative of our membership body, while recognizing the complexities in how foods and cuisines have historically evolved and are consumed. Please visit the nycore.org website for more details on our position on food allergies and accessibility.
We strive to make NYCoRE general meetings as accessible as possible. If you have any accessibility needs and would like to share them with us in advance, we would welcome that information and we will do our best to meet those needs.
Unfortunately, we’re not available to offer childcare at this member meeting location. We are currently searching for a consistent member meeting location that will allow us to provide childcare.
**Once again, PLEASE RSVP below to give us a head count for food and so we can notify security!**