- Begin publicizing the Day of Action on October 4thto all your coworkers and parents (flier attached)
- Use the articles linked below to inform your coworker about the layoffs.
- Gotham Schools: http://gothamschools.org/2011/08/29/dc-37-official-cutting-school-aides-wont-save-city-much-money
- Daily News: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/08/26/2011-08-26_doe_layoffs_hit_poor_areas_hardest.html
- NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/schoolbook/2011/09/20/school-aides-rally-for-their-jobs/?scp=21&sq=nyc%20department%20of%20education&st=cse
- Survey the DC37 workers about how much they know about the layoffs
Tuesday, September 27th
- Come to the Teachers Unite office (90 John St., Suite 308, New York, NY 10038) from 5:30 to 7:30 to phone bank NYCoRE and Teachers Unite members about the event on Oct 4th
- Remind Co-workers to wear GREEN in solidarity with DC37 workers on Tuesday and to come out to the rally at City Hall after work from 4pm to 6pm.
- Wear GREEN to show your support to all the DC37 workers throughout the city.
- Join DC37 workers at City Hall to protest the layoffs of over 700 school staff from 4pm to 6pm.
- Call 311 and tell the Mayor to Stop the Layoffs of all 700 DC37 workers. Our students need these workers and there is a surplus in the budget.
- Have your co-workers sign the petition (hard copy attached to this e-mail, link: http://www.change.org/petitions/mayor-michael-r-bloomberg-stop-the-layoff-of-essential-dc37-school-staff-on-oct-7th to stop the layoffs.)