Register for an Inquiry-to-Action Group TODAY!
NYCoRE’s Inquiry-to-Action Groups (ItAGs) are spaces for teachers to build community and develop as activists. Educators can participate in ItAGs linking social justice issues with classroom practice. Small groups meet weekly (for a total of six, two-hour sessions plus a kick-off and possible conference workshop) between January and March to share experiences, respond to readings, exchange ideas and develop action plans.
Registration is open and continues until January 21st.
Visit 2015 ItAG Eventbrite Registration
Registration is $30 — discounted and group rates are available, please see the Eventbrite!
This year’s ItAGs:
1. DON’T CALL ME BABY: Speaking about Sexism
2. Pushing Back Against Pushout: Restorative Approaches to School “Discipline”
3. Teaching Cuba: Another World is Possible
4. #BeyondtheMarches: Living, Teaching and Organizing through the Intersections (**Open only to those who identify as folks of color)
5. Transforming the Curriculum: Social Justice Pedagogy Meets Mandated Curricula
6. Meet Me Half-Way: #Undocumented Students & #OurSchools
Don’t forget to visit our Registration page